Thread poster: Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:30
English to Italian
Sep 18, 2018

as per title, last version was released on September 2017

I sent a couple of emails to the developer but I never received a reply, that is strange as the developer was very responsive (and added a couple of my suggested features also)

luckily enough the software is still fast and reliable but I'm worried by this lack of development in case future OS updates block it

I tried Copernic, DTSearch and others but no one is so fast and reliable, both indexing and
... See more
as per title, last version was released on September 2017

I sent a couple of emails to the developer but I never received a reply, that is strange as the developer was very responsive (and added a couple of my suggested features also)

luckily enough the software is still fast and reliable but I'm worried by this lack of development in case future OS updates block it

I tried Copernic, DTSearch and others but no one is so fast and reliable, both indexing and searching for text
Collapse

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Italy
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
It is alive Oct 29, 2018

just today the new 4.79 release arrived, so it is a live project, thankfully

Roger Chadel
Roger Chadel  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 11:30
Member (2010)
French to Portuguese
+ ...
They seem to be dead Aug 7, 2020

It seems they don't react to any question. The site is working, but no way to download the demo version (links are dead) and I got no answer to a question sent to all the addresses last week.

Andriy Yasharov
Andriy Yasharov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 16:30
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Still available Aug 7, 2020

It is still possible to download the program from here at https://download.cnet.com/Archivarius-3000-64-Bit/3000-2379_4-75454080.html

And yes, it is true that the official links to the program are dead. But, the program is rather useful.

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Italy
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Archivarius 3000 still alive? Aug 7, 2020

I reached him by email about one years ago, but another email this year had no reply
the last release is the 2018 4.79

nevertheless, I think it's still worthy buying it, as no other software is so cheap, fast, snappy, reliable
and able to run smoothly even on old/slow PCs

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
I use ver. 4.56 Aug 7, 2020

I bought it in 2013, and it still works absolutely fine, at a different computer (I think it's the third one), and under a different version of Windows.
So don't hesitate, whichever version you can get.

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Bought v4.79 in April 2020 Aug 7, 2020

It runs well on Win10 64 bits and I am happy with it overall (>1 billion words processed, 8 million unique!)
Thanks Claudio.

Edit: After dumping Copernic, which has began subscription-type pricing (payment each year)

[Edited at 2020-08-07 14:26 GMT]

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Italy
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Archivarius 3000 still alive? Aug 7, 2020

my pleasure Etienne

I tried many other indexers but this remains my preferred one

I have currently 23.280 references (3+ GB) indexed and my old Dell 8GB RAM Optiplex 3010 is able to retrieve text in tenths of a second

the fact it works on every system, old/new, highly/poorly powered system demonstrates it was built very well

BTW, I advice you to download heartsome TMX editor as well: the translation memories cleaned and exported in the .tbx fo
... See more
my pleasure Etienne

I tried many other indexers but this remains my preferred one

I have currently 23.280 references (3+ GB) indexed and my old Dell 8GB RAM Optiplex 3010 is able to retrieve text in tenths of a second

the fact it works on every system, old/new, highly/poorly powered system demonstrates it was built very well

BTW, I advice you to download heartsome TMX editor as well: the translation memories cleaned and exported in the .tbx format are even more a pleasure to index and consult with Archivarius

https://github.com/heartsome/tmxeditor8

[Edited at 2020-08-07 14:39 GMT]
Collapse

Philippe Etienne

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Looks interesting! Aug 7, 2020

I've always used Copernic but like Philippe writes, unfortunately some time ago they started to ask a yearly subscription fee (in the meantime I had changed PC and could not go on with my licensed version), but I didn't find any alternative, as Copernic supports a lot more file types than other indexers.
I'll certainly install later on Archivarius and will not renew Copernic.
The (limited) index for the demo version was done in no time!
Thank you Claudio for this hint!
... See more
I've always used Copernic but like Philippe writes, unfortunately some time ago they started to ask a yearly subscription fee (in the meantime I had changed PC and could not go on with my licensed version), but I didn't find any alternative, as Copernic supports a lot more file types than other indexers.
I'll certainly install later on Archivarius and will not renew Copernic.
The (limited) index for the demo version was done in no time!
Thank you Claudio for this hint!

[Bearbeitet am 2020-08-07 16:16 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Archivarius 3000 still alive?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »