Alex Garcia
Alex Garcia
Spain
Local time: 12:38
French to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 11, 2020

Hi,

I am totally new at this so please be patient with me!

I just bought SDL Trados 2021 and I am trying to find my way around it (without jumping off a bridge in the process)

I am trying to add the SDL Machine Translation feature to a project and it asks me to choose from 1) SDL Be Global Online or 2) SDL Enterprise Translation Server

When I pick one of them, it asks me for the following info:

-Account ID
-User ID
-API
... See more
Hi,

I am totally new at this so please be patient with me!

I just bought SDL Trados 2021 and I am trying to find my way around it (without jumping off a bridge in the process)

I am trying to add the SDL Machine Translation feature to a project and it asks me to choose from 1) SDL Be Global Online or 2) SDL Enterprise Translation Server

When I pick one of them, it asks me for the following info:

-Account ID
-User ID
-API Key
-Touch Point ID

I have looked through all the emails I received from Trados when I dowloaded the software but cannot find the information for the life of me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alex
Collapse

John Fry
John Fry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:38
Member (2010)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Try SDL Language Cloud Dec 12, 2020

I think the one you want is "SDL Language Cloud".
Also, go to the SDL App Store and get the MT Enhanced plugin so you can use Google and Bing.

Alex Garcia

Alex Garcia
Alex Garcia
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Language Cloud is not the Machine Translation? Dec 12, 2020

Hi John,

Thanks for your message.

But the SDL Language Cloud is not the Machine Translation? I added the language cloud but it does not have the same feature as the machine translation, i.e. it translates automatically your text in the target language?

Thanks

Alex

Davide Knecht
Davide Knecht
France
Italian to French
+ ...
question Dec 12, 2020

I am particularly interested in google and bing. Are they for free?

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:38
English to Russian
You can use 3rd-party apps for that Dec 12, 2020

Davide Knecht wrote:
I am particularly interested in google and bing. Are they for free?

I know 2 apps: QTranslate (for free) and GT4T (for fee).
Other fellow translators insist GT4T is better and is worth its cost, however I prefer QT because it does what I need at no cost and no need to share your API. Plus QT supports #1 MultilanguageRussian dictionary (Multitran) which is a personal benefit for me as a Russian translator. Both apps can use shortcuts to replace text with translation. And both support Google and Microsoft Bing MT engines. You can try them and then make your choice.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Machine Translation - Help!

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »