Thread poster: Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
Local time: 15:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 23, 2018

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to check if anyone is having the same issue. I installed the WebLookUp plug-in from the SDL store both on a laptop and a desktop. Studio 2017 started to crash frequently or just closed all of a sudden in both machines. I disabled the plug-in and the problem disappeared totally.
Really disappointing. The issue didn't appear in Studio 2014 with the same plug-in. (I installed the correct version of the plug-in in Studio 2017, made sure of that.)

Nelly Keavney
Nelly Keavney  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:17
Member (2017)
Bulgarian to English
+ ...
Contact the SDL Community Feb 23, 2018

Dear Lorenzo,

When I have issues with my Studio 2017 (not often) I usually research the issue on the SDL Community or go to the live chat support team.

On the Community forum you can also post your issue and they get back to you as to what to do.

Don't leave problems like this to accumulate, as they are indeed frustrating and seek help from SDL.

I hope you resolve the plug in soon.

Thanks,
Nelly

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
Local time: 15:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thx! Feb 25, 2018

Hi Nelly, sure, I'll post the issue also in SDL Community. I've also used it for other Studio 2017 issues I had.
Thanks for your suggestion.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WebLookUp plug-in makes Studio 2017 crash

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »