Italy
Local time: 18:50
Member (2008)
French to Italian
+ ...
easy way Mar 20, 2014

hi everybody!

i tried this and it worked so great.
from the point where all empty segments became translated i selected them all and used the clear target segment function.
closed the file.

run a batch "pre-translate"

worked great for me!

HTH

ciao!

Pawel_K
Pawel_K
English to Polish
+ ...
How to reproduce the problem Mar 31, 2014

SDL Support wrote:

... and I'd like to know as well!

Paul

I was able to reproduce the phenomenon of "all segments become confirmed".

It happens when you press CTRL+ENTER when current text selection spans across multiple segments.
To repair it, it is usually enough to press CTRL-Z several times.

To reproduce the problem:
- Click anywhere in the last translated segment.
- Press and hold SHIFT (to enable text selection).
- Click anywhere in the previous segment (the last but one), so that some text from the last two segments becomes selected.
- Press CTRL+ENTER.
- Voila - all subsequent segments become confirmed.

Of course, the same can be achieved without using mouse, for example, by using the following key sequence at any time: CTRL+ENTER, SHIFT+LEFT_ARROW, CTRL+ENTER.

Regards,
Pawel

[Edited at 2014-03-31 17:41 GMT]

starlinguk
starlinguk  Identity Verified
Dutch to English
This just happened to me Feb 18, 2016

Pawel_K wrote:

SDL Support wrote:

... and I'd like to know as well!

Paul

I was able to reproduce the phenomenon of "all segments become confirmed".

It happens when you press CTRL+ENTER when current text selection spans across multiple segments.
To repair it, it is usually enough to press CTRL-Z several times.

To reproduce the problem:
- Click anywhere in the last translated segment.
- Press and hold SHIFT (to enable text selection).
- Click anywhere in the previous segment (the last but one), so that some text from the last two segments becomes selected.
- Press CTRL+ENTER.
- Voila - all subsequent segments become confirmed.

Of course, the same can be achieved without using mouse, for example, by using the following key sequence at any time: CTRL+ENTER, SHIFT+LEFT_ARROW, CTRL+ENTER.

Regards,
Pawel

[Edited at 2014-03-31 17:41 GMT]

I just did this to 100,000 words, but I definitely did not press any of those keys or select anything! I did a search for something and suddenly everything was marked confirmed.

And I'm having trouble reverting it, because when I select everything (which takes about 10 minutes because of the size of the translation), right-clicking just unselects it again.

This is in Trados 2015, by the way. I'm finding so many bugs that have been there for *years* and should really have been fixed by now.

[Edited at 2016-02-18 09:35 GMT]

Hendrien Stobbe
Hendrien Stobbe  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2010)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Right click Feb 18, 2016

starlinguk wrote:

... right-clicking just unselects it again...

Emma's solution works fine for me also, however I don't have Trados 2015. Did you make sure the right-clicking was also in the segment number column?

Regards,
Hendrien

Patricia Ferreira Larrieux
Patricia Ferreira Larrieux  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Selecting all empty segments in different parts of the document Mar 15, 2016

I want to post here my solution to the problem of selecting all the empty target segments that had mistakenly been set as "confirmed" by Studio Trados 2015.

I first ran a "Document check" by clicking the "Verify" button found in the "Review" tab (right by the "Check Spelling" button). Then I used the filters in the Review tab to select only the segments "With messages".

In this way, I selected all the confirmed empty segments. I finally selected them as explained in a
... See more
I want to post here my solution to the problem of selecting all the empty target segments that had mistakenly been set as "confirmed" by Studio Trados 2015.

I first ran a "Document check" by clicking the "Verify" button found in the "Review" tab (right by the "Check Spelling" button). Then I used the filters in the Review tab to select only the segments "With messages".

In this way, I selected all the confirmed empty segments. I finally selected them as explained in a previous post, right clicked and selected "Change segment status">"Not translated".

I hope this can be of help to someone else in the future!
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:50
English to Russian
Same disaster just happened to me now (Trados 2015) Sep 24, 2016

But unlike other lucky guys, my Excel file contains 108984 source words. No chance for "select several segments"...
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
Cannot believe: this bug exists for years (from 2011 as a minimum).
"2017 is coming soon... uplift... uplift... uplift... uplift..."
FANTASTIC!

Nicholas Miller
Nicholas Miller  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2014)
Czech to English
+ ...
How to select a bunch of segments Oct 21, 2016

I'm sure someone has said this before in another post, but it's useful to know.

Having just confirmed 3000 blank target segments as confirmed (yes, how the flip did that happen?), I tried to find a solution. Indeed, as suggested above, select your segments and change their status. How do you select 3000 segments without damaging your mouse clicking finger and wasting all day?
Th
... See more

Having just confirmed 3000 blank target segments as confirmed (yes, how the flip did that happen?), I tried to find a solution. Indeed, as suggested above, select your segments and change their status. How do you select 3000 segments without damaging your mouse clicking finger and wasting all day?
The answer is here:
https://multifarious.filkin.com/2012/07/23/changing-segment-statuses-studio-short/

Briefly, click the number of the first segment you want to select, hold shift, click the number of the last segment you want to select, wait (hoping Studio doesn't collapse!) and all those segments will be selected, then right click and do the status change (again waiting with bated breath)
Collapse

Aya Elwi

Klaudia Grochot
Klaudia Grochot  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:50
Swedish to Polish
+ ...
Thank you! Jul 18, 2017

Really pleased I found your post, Nicholas!

Nicholas Miller wrote:

The answer is here:
https://multifarious.filkin.com/2012/07/23/changing-segment-statuses-studio-short/

Briefly, click the number of the first segment you want to select, hold shift, click the number of the last segment you want to select, wait (hoping Studio doesn't collapse!) and all those segments will be selected, then right click and do the status change (again waiting with bated breath)

[Edited at 2017-07-18 13:22 GMT]

Aya Elwi

Elizabeth Tamblin
Elizabeth Tamblin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:50
French to English
Help? Jan 11, 2020

This has just happened to me. All remaining segments are suddenly marked as confirmed.

I have looked through this thread, but cannot find a solution that works for me.

Any further suggestions?

Nearly an hour later...

I did as suggested above and changed the status of the segments. It was very time-consuming, as the untranslated segments were interspersed with translated segments.

If anybody finds a way of doing this more efficientl
... See more
This has just happened to me. All remaining segments are suddenly marked as confirmed.

I have looked through this thread, but cannot find a solution that works for me.

Any further suggestions?

Nearly an hour later...

I did as suggested above and changed the status of the segments. It was very time-consuming, as the untranslated segments were interspersed with translated segments.

If anybody finds a way of doing this more efficiently, perhaps post it here for future reference.

[Edited at 2020-01-11 16:54 GMT]
Collapse

Noura Tawil
Noura Tawil  Identity Verified
Syria
Local time: 20:50
Member (2013)
English to Arabic
Thank you Emma Feb 5, 2020

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

As Zoltán says, change the status of the segments.

Select all the segments where you want to change the status.

To do this, place the cursor in the first segment that you want to change back to untranslated. Make sure it's in the segment number column on the left.

Now go the end of the file (ctrl+end) and click shift+left mouse click in the last segment number.

With all the segments selected, do a right mouse click and select "change segment status" to "not translated"

HTH,
Emma

It's 2020 and this problem has just happened in my Trados 2015. Emma's solution worked beautifully!

Cesar Morales
Cesar Morales  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 11:50
Member (2017)
German to Spanish
+ ...
has happened to me before but not like today Dec 6, 2020

I also don´t understand why this happens, it has happened to me before (Trados 2017) and never have found an answer to it. It seems to happen only with large packages.

Luckily most of the time I have caught it quicky and Ctrl+Z would do the trick, this time it happened in a 10,000 segment file... ctrl Z would undo hrs of work.

Has anyone found a solution to it?

Does anyone know if there is a way to filter "empty" segments even if the are confirmed?<
... See more
I also don´t understand why this happens, it has happened to me before (Trados 2017) and never have found an answer to it. It seems to happen only with large packages.

Luckily most of the time I have caught it quicky and Ctrl+Z would do the trick, this time it happened in a 10,000 segment file... ctrl Z would undo hrs of work.

Does anyone know if there is a way to filter "empty" segments even if the are confirmed?

Anything!?
Help!
Collapse

John Fry
John Fry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:50
Member (2010)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Filter on ^$ Dec 7, 2020

cesalec wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a way to filter "empty" segments even if the are confirmed?

Anything!?
Help!

You could filter the target text on ^$ in the Advanced Display Filter. Make sure Regular Expression is selected.

This happens when you select multiple segments and then confirm them. I reported the bug here:
https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/29962/confirm-multiple-segments-bug

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

All empty segments became confirmed

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »