MemoQ group buy - can I participate or not?
Thread poster: Adrián Takáč
Adrián Takáč
Adrián Takáč
Slovakia
Local time: 09:22
English to Slovak
+ ...
May 24, 2018

Hello everyone,

I hope I am posting in the right forum.

I want to participate in the MemoQ group buy which ends in a few hours but I see that it is only for freelance translators.

Technically, I am a freelance translator, but I will be creating an LLC soon where I will be the only employee (so instead of sole proprietorship I will be working under an LLC).

I intend to use the software for business purposes, even though my LLC will NOT be a tra
... See more
Hello everyone,

I hope I am posting in the right forum.

I want to participate in the MemoQ group buy which ends in a few hours but I see that it is only for freelance translators.

Technically, I am a freelance translator, but I will be creating an LLC soon where I will be the only employee (so instead of sole proprietorship I will be working under an LLC).

I intend to use the software for business purposes, even though my LLC will NOT be a translation agency/company. Translating is just one of my ventures.

Am I able to participate in this buy or not?

It would really suck if I wasn't able to participate in it for this reason.

Thanks for help!

Adrian
Collapse

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:22
German to English
Why not? May 24, 2018

A number of freelancers operate under an LLC for tax and liability purposes. As I interpret it, the restriction is to prevent agencies from buying up copies.

Adrián Takáč
Adrián Takáč
Slovakia
Local time: 09:22
English to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MemoQ group buy - can I participate or not? May 24, 2018

Kevin Fulton wrote:

A number of freelancers operate under an LLC for tax and liability purposes. As I interpret it, the restriction is to prevent agencies from buying up copies.

Well, I may have misinterpreted it, but it specifically says that translation companies and other companies cannot participate.

Anyways, I missed out on this one, so I have to wait for another one and, hopefully, get an answer that will put my worries to rest in the meantime.

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:22
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You can participate in this group buy May 28, 2018

Hello Adrian,

You can join the group buy at https://www.proz.com/tgb/1160 . The payment date has been reached, but more people are being accepted into the group buy. You can join by clicking on the button labeled "Join the group of buyers".

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any question or need anything else.

Best regards,
Alejandro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ group buy - can I participate or not?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »