Anthony Veretyuk
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:47
English to Russian
+ ...
May 11, 2018

Hello, everybody.
Here is the problem:
Windows 10 x64 Pro + MemoQ 8.3.7 and MemoQ 2014 R2.
The problem is in both versions Ctrl+Q shortcut does not work!!!! If I change the shortcut for Alt+Q it works perfectly, which means that function is intact. The problem is in the shortcut inself.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

[Edited at 2018-05-11 17:24 GMT]

P.S. In Memoq R2 2014 Google machine translate plugin works, but in 8.3.7 despite I entered v
... See more
Hello, everybody.
Here is the problem:
Windows 10 x64 Pro + MemoQ 8.3.7 and MemoQ 2014 R2.
The problem is in both versions Ctrl+Q shortcut does not work!!!! If I change the shortcut for Alt+Q it works perfectly, which means that function is intact. The problem is in the shortcut inself.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

[Edited at 2018-05-11 17:24 GMT]

P.S. In Memoq R2 2014 Google machine translate plugin works, but in 8.3.7 despite I entered valid data it does not show any result in the result panel.
Regards!
Tony

[Edited at 2018-05-11 18:05 GMT]
Collapse

Premium✍️
Premium✍️  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:47
Member (2006)
English to French
+ ...
I love my memoQ 2014 R2! May 26, 2018

CJIoHuKu wrote:

P.S. In Memoq R2 2014 Google machine translate plugin works, but in 8.3.7 despite I entered valid data it does not show any result in the result panel.

[Edited at 2018-05-11 18:05 GMT]

This is the main reason why I kept and am still using my memoQ 2014 R2 version. After purchasing the 4 previous versions and kept renewing my support and upgrade fees for years, I decided to stop purchasing any new versions since 2015. I also love the VIEWS option which allows me to combine multiple files and perform a simultaneous translation of them. For easier convenience, I also export the Views bilingual file for offline or on-the-road translation. Once I am back home or on my alternate laptop, I just reimport the bilingual file which automatically updates my existing translations in MemoQ. This is a superb, nitty and fantastic feature, which I hope, is still functional in the subsequent upgrades.!!

In my experience, upgrades are often a simple tweak of existing features which carries more complications and/or unnecessary changes.

I was asked just yesterday to download memoQ 8.3 for a client's specific project and I was confronted with all kinds of issues, namely messages such as: "Install Visual Basic C++" and "C:\Windows\system32\dwrite.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error." Needless to say I got discouraged and just sent the screenshots to him. He promised to help me with his computer knowledge, but I am not too tempted to use this upgraded version.

By the way, what is new in memoQ 8.3?

Sam Abramov

Anthony Veretyuk
Anthony Veretyuk
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:47
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MemoQ 8.3.7+Win 10 = Quick add term issue Jun 5, 2018

Not so much. A little smoother look, a litle faster work. A little more shortcuts. A little here and there.
Not so much that I would pay 500 bucks for. But that was not my decision. I just came to work and found win10 + memoq 8.3 and Ctrl+Q issue. And I could not find any decision to free Ctrl+Q shortcut. It is used in the system so memoq was unable to use it. I installed the second system (win7) and work on win7. But win 10 feel faster than 7. So I am lookinf forward to find the solution
... See more
Not so much. A little smoother look, a litle faster work. A little more shortcuts. A little here and there.
Not so much that I would pay 500 bucks for. But that was not my decision. I just came to work and found win10 + memoq 8.3 and Ctrl+Q issue. And I could not find any decision to free Ctrl+Q shortcut. It is used in the system so memoq was unable to use it. I installed the second system (win7) and work on win7. But win 10 feel faster than 7. So I am lookinf forward to find the solution. Alt+Q is not an option. Two stubborn programs they are. Win 10 does not allow to use Ctrl+Q at all, and memoq allows to use shortcuts with Ctrl and Alt separately only. If it allowed to use Ctrl+ Shift + Smth I wouldn't cry.
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:47
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Works for me Jun 5, 2018

For me, with MemoQ 8.4.10 in Windows 10, the Ctrl+Q shortcut works perfectly. I have had automatic updates for years, and I don't recall a problem with Ctrl+Q in any version. It sounds like some other software is hijacking your shortcut.

The Google plugin works too - you have to make sure it is enabled in the Resources panel.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 8.3.7+Win 10 = Quick add term issue

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »