Anthony Veretyuk
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:48
English to Russian
+ ...
May 11, 2018

Hello, everybody.
Here is the problem:
Windows 10 x64 Pro + MemoQ 8.3.7 and MemoQ 2014 R2.
The problem is in both versions Ctrl+Q shortcut does not work!!!! If I change the shortcut for Alt+Q it works perfectly, which means that function is intact. The problem is in the shortcut inself.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

[Edited at 2018-05-11 17:24 GMT]

P.S. In Memoq R2 2014 Google machine translate plugin works, but in 8.3.7 despite I entered v
... See more
Hello, everybody.
Here is the problem:
Windows 10 x64 Pro + MemoQ 8.3.7 and MemoQ 2014 R2.
The problem is in both versions Ctrl+Q shortcut does not work!!!! If I change the shortcut for Alt+Q it works perfectly, which means that function is intact. The problem is in the shortcut inself.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

[Edited at 2018-05-11 17:24 GMT]

P.S. In Memoq R2 2014 Google machine translate plugin works, but in 8.3.7 despite I entered valid data it does not show any result in the result panel.
Regards!
Tony

[Edited at 2018-05-11 18:05 GMT]
Collapse

Premium✍️
Premium✍️  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:48
Member (2006)
English to French
+ ...
I love my memoQ 2014 R2! May 26, 2018

CJIoHuKu wrote:

P.S. In Memoq R2 2014 Google machine translate plugin works, but in 8.3.7 despite I entered valid data it does not show any result in the result panel.

[Edited at 2018-05-11 18:05 GMT]

This is the main reason why I kept and am still using my memoQ 2014 R2 version. After purchasing the 4 previous versions and kept renewing my support and upgrade fees for years, I decided to stop purchasing any new versions since 2015. I also love the VIEWS option which allows me to combine multiple files and perform a simultaneous translation of them. For easier convenience, I also export the Views bilingual file for offline or on-the-road translation. Once I am back home or on my alternate laptop, I just reimport the bilingual file which automatically updates my existing translations in MemoQ. This is a superb, nitty and fantastic feature, which I hope, is still functional in the subsequent upgrades.!!

In my experience, upgrades are often a simple tweak of existing features which carries more complications and/or unnecessary changes.

I was asked just yesterday to download memoQ 8.3 for a client's specific project and I was confronted with all kinds of issues, namely messages such as: "Install Visual Basic C++" and "C:\Windows\system32\dwrite.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error." Needless to say I got discouraged and just sent the screenshots to him. He promised to help me with his computer knowledge, but I am not too tempted to use this upgraded version.

By the way, what is new in memoQ 8.3?

Sam Abramov

Anthony Veretyuk
Anthony Veretyuk
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:48
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
MemoQ 8.3.7+Win 10 = Quick add term issue Jun 5, 2018

Not so much. A little smoother look, a litle faster work. A little more shortcuts. A little here and there.
Not so much that I would pay 500 bucks for. But that was not my decision. I just came to work and found win10 + memoq 8.3 and Ctrl+Q issue. And I could not find any decision to free Ctrl+Q shortcut. It is used in the system so memoq was unable to use it. I installed the second system (win7) and work on win7. But win 10 feel faster than 7. So I am lookinf forward to find the solution
... See more
Not so much. A little smoother look, a litle faster work. A little more shortcuts. A little here and there.
Not so much that I would pay 500 bucks for. But that was not my decision. I just came to work and found win10 + memoq 8.3 and Ctrl+Q issue. And I could not find any decision to free Ctrl+Q shortcut. It is used in the system so memoq was unable to use it. I installed the second system (win7) and work on win7. But win 10 feel faster than 7. So I am lookinf forward to find the solution. Alt+Q is not an option. Two stubborn programs they are. Win 10 does not allow to use Ctrl+Q at all, and memoq allows to use shortcuts with Ctrl and Alt separately only. If it allowed to use Ctrl+ Shift + Smth I wouldn't cry.
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:48
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Works for me Jun 5, 2018

For me, with MemoQ 8.4.10 in Windows 10, the Ctrl+Q shortcut works perfectly. I have had automatic updates for years, and I don't recall a problem with Ctrl+Q in any version. It sounds like some other software is hijacking your shortcut.

The Google plugin works too - you have to make sure it is enabled in the Resources panel.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 8.3.7+Win 10 = Quick add term issue

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »