How does a regex "correction" function in QA?
Thread poster: Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

Local time: 16:39
German to English
+ ...
Feb 14, 2018

Although in QA:Regex I have defined valid regex expression in "Target regex" and a valid replacement rule in "Correction" no correction is performed and no messages are logged. What am I missing?

CD_Schuster
CD_Schuster
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Check general regex functionality? Feb 25, 2018

Hi,

Do you receive other QA-Regex results? May be worth double checking by switching from "forbidden regex match in target" to "target has forbidden regex match for source" and inserting a word from the source segment into "Source regex" and removing the correction rule. Then check, if you receive a Regex error. This is to make sure that the regex check is working.

Greetings,
Chris

Anthony Rudd
Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
QA regex problem Feb 25, 2018

Hi Chris

Thanks. My problem was that I had not correctly understood the significance of the warning messages and how they control the regex processing. I have being doing some testing to figure out how they function, unfortunately the help documentation is rather terse.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How does a regex "correction" function in QA?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »