How can I unpin/delete several TMs in Resource Console at once?
Thread poster: Annamaria Amik
Annamaria Amik
Annamaria Amik  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:11
Romanian to English
+ ...
Dec 16, 2016

I can't add much context to the question above.

My Resource Console is full of TMs I never use, that were downloaded with server-based projects or with SDL packages the clients sent me over the years.
There's a hundred of them and I don't want them to appear among my own TMs.
Deleting the actual TM copies from the directory where they are located doesn't help, they are still on the list, with an amber thunder sign.

I can only unpin or delete them individuall
... See more
I can't add much context to the question above.

My Resource Console is full of TMs I never use, that were downloaded with server-based projects or with SDL packages the clients sent me over the years.
There's a hundred of them and I don't want them to appear among my own TMs.
Deleting the actual TM copies from the directory where they are located doesn't help, they are still on the list, with an amber thunder sign.

I can only unpin or delete them individually. When I select multiple TMs, the Delete button goes grey.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!
Collapse

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:11
Spanish to French
+ ...
Same problem Jan 10, 2017

I've had the same problem. Have you asked Kilgray?

[Edited at 2017-01-10 11:29 GMT]

John Taylor
John Taylor  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:11
German to English
+ ...
Try adding this as a feature request Jan 13, 2017

There are now so many 'little' issues with the UI, it's beginning to look like memoQ needs an overhaul... maybe by someone who actually uses it regularly.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
ha ha, dream on Jan 14, 2017

Back when I still used memoQ (I now use Déjà Vu X3), I asked for this maybe 10 times, via support, in the memoQ mailing list, etc. … but they never listened. I think its IDIOTIC that you have to select them all one by one each time, especially if you need to select/deselect 30 TMs/TBs! "Refactoring" my ass.

Michael

Annamaria Amik
Annamaria Amik  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:11
Romanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Isn't it annoying? Jan 15, 2017

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer wrote:

Back when I still used memoQ (I now use Déjà Vu X3), I asked for this maybe 10 times, via support, in the memoQ mailing list, etc. … but they never listened. I think its IDIOTIC that you have to select them all one by one each time, especially if you need to select/deselect 30 TMs/TBs! "Refactoring" my ass.

Michael

By the time I get an answer from them to this non-urgent inquiry, I could very well delete the entries individually.
I am a MemoQ fan, but this is the stupidest thing I have to deal with.

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:11
English to Italian
Support request Jan 15, 2017

Just sent a support request for this at https://support.kilgray.com

It's worth trying...

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Just ran into this Mar 15, 2018

I couldn't understand why server TMs kept staying in the list when I selected my own computer as server. Then I discovered the pins.

Not useful at all that one can't unpin more than one at a time.

And why did the cloud TMs get pinned in the first place? I never pinned any. They shouldn't get pinned automatically because of what some PM did in their end. Pinning should be something I choose to do. It makes sense for local TMs to be pinned automatically, not remote ones.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I unpin/delete several TMs in Resource Console at once?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »