Marta Zielińska Moyce
Marta Zielińska Moyce
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:12
English to Polish
+ ...
Jun 17, 2018

Dear interpreters!

I am a postgraduate student at MA in Conference Interpreting at London Metropolitan University.

I am currently writing my dissertation. It's aim is to examine what language interpreters take notes in when interpreting consecutively (I'm focusing on long consecutive - speeches of 6 mins long with notes). I'm looking for volunteers, experienced conference interpreters with Polish A and English B, to take part in an empirical study.

What wi
... See more
Dear interpreters!

I am a postgraduate student at MA in Conference Interpreting at London Metropolitan University.

I am currently writing my dissertation. It's aim is to examine what language interpreters take notes in when interpreting consecutively (I'm focusing on long consecutive - speeches of 6 mins long with notes). I'm looking for volunteers, experienced conference interpreters with Polish A and English B, to take part in an empirical study.

What will you be required to do
First of all, you will need to complete a short questionnaire (10 questions). The study itself will involve a consecutive interpretation with notes into and out of Polish. The topic will be general. The interpretations will be recorded. I ask the participants to share their notes with me which I will need for the purpose of analysis. The experiment is anonymous and I will not share your personal data with anyone. The interpretations and notes will only be used for the purpose of my dissertation.

If you're interested please contact me on [email protected]

I will be really grateful for your help.

With kind regards

Marta Zielińska-Moyce

[Edited at 2018-06-17 19:41 GMT]
Collapse

Kevin Skinner
Kevin Skinner
United States
seems like a good idea! Aug 21, 2020

WOW! seems like a good idea! I am a student too, and a not long time ago I had to write an essay(it is like a dissertation in my university). It was too hard for me, and I didn't have enough time for it.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MA dissertation research in consecutive interpreting

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »