Catherine Willain-Meyer
Switzerland
Local time: 00:19
Member (2019)
German to French
+ ...
Dec 4, 2019

Dear colleagues in Switzerland,
I’ve been looking for a liability insurance for 3 months. I received all kinds of offers covering everything and nothing and generally excluding those clauses translators need. Such specific insurances exist in Belgium and Germany. The ASTII very kindly informed me that they do not provide this kind of insurance anymore because so little people were interested. The next step was to ask for an insurance covering the assets, which I know one company grants a
... See more
Dear colleagues in Switzerland,
I’ve been looking for a liability insurance for 3 months. I received all kinds of offers covering everything and nothing and generally excluding those clauses translators need. Such specific insurances exist in Belgium and Germany. The ASTII very kindly informed me that they do not provide this kind of insurance anymore because so little people were interested. The next step was to ask for an insurance covering the assets, which I know one company grants a patent attorney. I received a negative answer too.
Can anyone help?
Thank you so much in advance.
Best regards,
Catherine
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:19
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Just the translators' associations, I think Dec 4, 2019

Catherine Willain-Meyer wrote:
I received all kinds of offers covering everything and nothing and generally excluding those clauses translators need.

I remember I bought and paid for one for a few years when I lived in France. It wasn't until I was on the point of leaving that I discovered it had only ever offered protection against claims by clients who were resident in France. And most of mine weren't! I had a look around when I moved to Spain but I dropped it in the end -- I was unfortunately hampered by not speaking Spanish . I've decided to do without liability insurance now.

Sorry, but beyond the title I have no help to offer you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Switzerland: where do I find a liability insurance

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »