Thread poster: Justine Vernera
Justine Vernera
Justine Vernera
Latvia
Latvian to English
+ ...
May 2, 2020

Dear Translators' community,

Has anyone else stumbled upon this problem? I started using 2 screens for my work and freaked out a bit when my XLIFF Editor file kept freezing. I blamed connectivity issues on this, but it turned out that it does it when trying to simultaneously use two monitors. It got back to normal as soon as I switched one of them off.

Is there a solution to this and is the problem on the software side at all?

UPD: Solved: The app f
... See more
Dear Translators' community,

Has anyone else stumbled upon this problem? I started using 2 screens for my work and freaked out a bit when my XLIFF Editor file kept freezing. I blamed connectivity issues on this, but it turned out that it does it when trying to simultaneously use two monitors. It got back to normal as soon as I switched one of them off.

Is there a solution to this and is the problem on the software side at all?

UPD: Solved: The app freezes if the window is not ENTIRELY placed in one of the screens.

[Edited at 2020-05-03 09:21 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

XLIFF Translation Workspace Editor lagging when using two monitors

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »