Thread poster: Oleksandr Studenyak
Oleksandr Studenyak
Oleksandr Studenyak
Czech Republic
Local time: 14:18
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Jan 19, 2009

I'm working on Framemaker (version 7.1) localization project and need to translate .sgm files. But every time when I'm trying to open any .sgm file in TagEditor (version 8.0), I'm receiving an error "The parameter is incorrect". I checked those .sgm files and realized that each file contains ID tag (i.e. something like "FileID"), which has no closing tag. If closing tag is added or ID tag is removed from file, then I'm able to open the in the TagEditor.
So I'm wondering if there are any wa
... See more
I'm working on Framemaker (version 7.1) localization project and need to translate .sgm files. But every time when I'm trying to open any .sgm file in TagEditor (version 8.0), I'm receiving an error "The parameter is incorrect". I checked those .sgm files and realized that each file contains ID tag (i.e. something like "FileID"), which has no closing tag. If closing tag is added or ID tag is removed from file, then I'm able to open the in the TagEditor.
So I'm wondering if there are any way to disable tag checking in TagEditor? Or maybe somebody could give some advice how to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Alex
Collapse

tectranslate ITS GmbH
tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
The solution seems obvious... Jan 19, 2009

Why don't you just (temporarily) remove the File ID tag before you start translating and re-add it later?

Oleksandr Studenyak
Oleksandr Studenyak
Czech Republic
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Too many files Jan 19, 2009

This could be decision, but there are more then 200 files... And ID tags are different for some files, so it's too big job to be done manually. If I won't find any other decision I create some script to extract ID tags and put them back after translation is done. But I thought that Trados should have some standard way to translate this kind of files.

Wojciech Froelich
Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Got INI? Jan 19, 2009

Oleksandr Studenyak wrote:

So I'm wondering if there are any way to disable tag checking in TagEditor? Or maybe somebody could give some advice how to solve this problem.

Thanks,
Alex

Have you received INI file? I guess correct INI file should handle the files.

Wojtek

Oleksandr Studenyak
Oleksandr Studenyak
Czech Republic
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DTD, not INI Jan 19, 2009

I received DTD file and converted it to INI. So, yes, wrong INI file can be the source of problem. Do you know how should be marked such tags in INI file? (I mean tags without closing tags).

Thanks,
Alex

Wojciech Froelich wrote:

Have you received INI file? I guess correct INI file should handle the files.

Wojtek

Stefan de Boeck (X)
Stefan de Boeck (X)  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
adding the tag Jan 19, 2009

Oleksandr Studenyak wrote:
So I'm wondering...

how about adding the tag as a non translatable placeholder to the html.ini?

You should be able to do this: TagSettingsManager: select html.ini/properties/add

I’m wondering myself; but it’s what I’d try.

Does this tag have an end slash? < /> ? It should have, I think, for it to work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't open .sgm files in TagEditor

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »